Re: LOC per committer?

From: Garance A Drosihn <drosih_at_rpi.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:37:18 -0500
At 9:41 AM +0000 1/21/04, Colin Percival wrote:
>   Has anyone done any graphs of lines-of-code for each committer
>over the lifetime of the project?  I know that rwatson produced
>all sorts of graphs relating to the number of commits, but lines
>of code is something I haven't yet seen anywhere.

I don't like LOC measurements.  It's a measurement which can be
seriously misleading.  There are so many ways it can be wrong (IMO),
that I'd hate to have it posted.

(I'll admit that I sometimes check how many lines I've changed,
but I wouldn't want to compare that number to the number of lines
anyone else has changed)

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad_at_gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad_at_freebsd.org