Re: ACPI soft off with power button on Tyan S-2466 MPX

From: Joan Picanyol <lists-freebsd-current_at_biaix.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 20:46:14 +0100
* John Baldwin <jhb_at_FreeBSD.org> [20040121 19:09]:
> On Wednesday 21 January 2004 11:32 am, Joan Picanyol wrote:
[...]
> > acpiconf -s 5 works OK, holding the power
> > button long enough gives me a hard poweroff. I have
> > hw.acpi.power_button_state=S5, and the following lines show in my dmesg
> > (full verbose version + asl + kernel configs at
> > http://grummit.biaix.org:8888/joan/debug/FreeBSD/ACPI/ )

> > acpi0: Power Button (fixed)
> > acpi0: Sleep Button (fixed)
> > acpi_button0: <Power Button> on acpi0

[...]
> > And acpi is not loaded, su unfortunately I'm stumped here. Why can't I
> > load my acpi debug module? What else can I do to get a soft off on power
> > button?
> It will only work if your kernel has 'options DDB' in it it seems.
OK, that did the trick. Now I have:

502,p0,1$ sysctl -a | grep acpi | grep debug
debug.acpi.acpi_ca_version: 0x20030619
debug.acpi.layer: ACPI_EVENTS
debug.acpi.level: ACPI_LV_ERROR ACPI_LV_WARN ACPI_LV_INIT
ACPI_LV_DEBUG_OBJECT ACPI_LV_INFO ACPI_LV_ALL_EXCEPTIONS
debug.acpi.semaphore_debug: 0

However I don't see anything new, even though I have hw.acpi.verbose=1. FWIW,
the console output of 'acpiconf -s 1' is attached (note that it doesn't really
work, I'll try w/o firewire later). Also, I get errors compiling my asl
(output also attached).

I've looked at acpi-jp_at_, but the lack of a searchable archive makes it
looooong, anyone knows where to search it? acpi4linux is silent about my
motherboard too :(

How can I know wether it's a BIOS or a FreeBSD problem? What else should
I try to get this to work?

tks
--
pica