Re: Undocked X31 oddity, might be ATA related.

From: Clive Lin <clive_at_tongi.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 02:47:30 +0800
On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 09:07:01AM -0800, David Wolfskill wrote:
> Have you tried putting the machine to sleep before changing the
> docking status?  Something like:
>
> * Boot up on docking station; verify that things are OK.
>
> * atacontrol detach 1		# assuming acd0 is the only thing on ata1
>
> * zzz
>
> * un-dock
>
> * wake up
>
> ?

Hi,

    Thanks for reply!

    I've done test stated above. Result: still freeze while rebooting,
using Fn key (turning on LED light, tuning LCD brightness, switching
projector output, etc..), lid state changing.

    Yet something interesting: docked booting up but acd0 unplugged,
the result is: freeze as above.

    Some other information might help to track down the bug: last
shutdown message before freeze is:

Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process 'vnlru' to stop...stopped

    Messages below will show up in normal shutdown but not in
abnormal state (undocked, or docked but acd0 unplugged):

Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process 'bufdaemon to stop...stopped
Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process 'syncer' to stop...stopped

    I hope the criteria to reproduce the bug is narrowed down. If acd0
is detected (via ultrabase) during boot, -CURRENT is happy with it,
otherwise dont close the LCD, hitting Fn keys, or shutdown -[prh].

    Any patch or debug suggestion is welcome.

Thanks,
Clive

--
Clive Tong-I Lin <clive_at_tongi.org> | http://tongi.org | PGP KeyID: A008C03E