Problems using Cordless MouseMan Optical.

From: Rolf Skaar <rasgal_at_palantir.no>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 23:03:27 CET
I report this problem, don't know it anyone have had this before,.

I have a Logitech Cordless MouseMan Optical that followed my keyboard in the same package, the reciver have a USB plugg and a ps/2 plug for the mouse, when using them in ps/2 mode i need to use an USB -> ps/2 adapter plug to connect the keyboard.

Cordless Mouseman Optical M/N: M-RR63
Cordless Keyboard M/N: Y-RJ20
picture of it: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?page=support/products/details&CRID=1796&contentid=6036&countryid=19&languageid=1

when using the mouse in PS/2 mode it won't work properly when using it in X windows. That means you see the pointer, and when you move the mouse the pointer disapears and reappear some time later.

But the issue is that this works perfect when i unload the ACPI module, why? i don't know. the problem certain has nothing to do with X i think.

i gwt the same problem using moused_... in rc.conf and in XF86Config directly.

maybe there is allready a solution on this?

thanx for this great project!