Re: cvsup2

From: Ken Smith <kensmith_at_cse.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 22:20:22 -0500
On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 01:10:00PM -0500, Will Andrews wrote:

> So use another one?  Like maybe cvsup12.freebsd.org?  :)
> Incidentally that server was down for a few weeks once for an
> upgrade too, last year.

Just FYI, the machine in question should be back up Real Soon Now
so we won't be doing this but...  If sites know they're going to
be down for a while we try to "cover for them" by switching
the DNS entries, especially for the ones in the Top Level Domain.
Lots of sites (e.g. mine :-) have their own internal cvs mirror
setups, and their main site cvsup server doesn't go screaming at
the admins when it hasn't been able to reach its upstream site
for a while (and who checks /var/log/cvsup.log on a routine basis?).

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith_at_cse.buffalo.edu