Re: RFC: Weekly status update 17/01/04-23/01/04 (cvs-src summary)

From: Peter Jeremy <PeterJeremy_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 09:03:30 +1100
On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 01:08:46AM -0600, Mark Johnston wrote:
>- Subject matter - too narrow? too broad? should I cover the -current
>  list instead of cvs-src, or try to combine both into one report?

It would be nice to see a -current summary but I think it should be a
separate report and I'd be a bit concerned about burnout if you tried
to do both yourself.  I'd start by producing the cvs-src report only
for a few months and see how things turn out.

>- Prose - too technical? not technical enough? too flowery? too plain?

Good - just right.

>- Commits covered - Did I miss anything I should have included, or
>  include things I should have skipped?

I don't recall seeing any commits that should have been mentioned but
weren't and didn't see anything in the report that I felt should have
been left out.

>- Impartial?  I've tried not to attribute consensus and opinions where
>  they weren't very clear; have I succeeded?

I think the report was impartial

>- Interest - would you be interested in seeing something like this
>  produced weekly?

Definitely.  I think the report is an excellent idea.

Peter