Re: ACPI on Fujitsu P2120

From: Erich Dollansky <oceanare_at_pacific.net.sg>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 00:40:05 +0800
Hi Peter,

Peter Schultz wrote:

> I think your kernel needs to be built with 'options DDB'.  Please let me
> know if that fixes it.

I got this now but I feel somehow lost in space.

What I wonder most that disabling APM does not remove it from
dmesg's output.

My main problem is that it is some time ago that I wrote drivers
for Unix. I lost this feeling where to start looking for the problem.

I looked at the code in acpi.c but did not find any hints to
continue with.

I was also able to install this:

http://www.stalker.org/~sean/freebsd-p2040/FujiApp/index.html

It is a small utility to emulate the original behaviour of the
"Fn" key on a P2120. It works as expected.

Do you know the name of the modules where the ACPI information is
read from the BIOS and where the machine is actually shutdown and
restarted again when the lid opens and closes.

Thanks!

Erich