RE: devfs kernel panic

From: Mike Schreckengost <mrpolitics_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 20:24:29 -0500
Ya know, I am experiencing *exactly* the same problem. Xine has not worked
for me since 5.2-RELEASE (locks the system hard w/ a kernel panic such as
the one you described). Accessing /dev/dsp1 causes the panic, it seems. The
one commonality that I see is that we are both using the snd_emu10k1.ko and
snd_pcm.ko drivers... I wonder if there is a problem in these kernel
modules, or if the problem is more widespread.
    Anyways, if you discover a workaround or otherwise figure out what to do
about this, I'd love to know.

Thanks in advance,
Mike