5.2 -current T40 acpi resume video troubles/dhclient broken?

From: <tony_at_saign.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 19:12:23 -0800 (PST)
Hoping someone can assist me with 2 problems;
2373JU5 IBM T40 running -current from today.
Atheros 5212 based miniPCI (IBM rebranded Phillips)

1. cannot get video to come back after suspend/resume
system hangs, can't even get to a console, so I have no idea what's
happening.
If I kill X then suspend, it comes back okay, hangs system on startx again.
Have to power it off :(

2. dhclient dumps core trying to get an address.
tcpdump shows no useful information, in fact states 0 packets received.

Any help would be appreciated!

-Tony