nss_winbind support

From: Will Saxon <WillS_at_housing.ufl.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:14:32 -0500
Hello,

Is samba 3's winbind nss module known to work under 5.2-RELEASE at this time? I am having not having any success with it at all, I can join the domain and enumerate users/groups in ADS 'mode' but I can't seem to assign permissions with domain accounts, etc.

I may have just missed it but there doesn't seem to be a lot of information available on how to set Samba 3 up under FreeBSD 5.x to use nss_winbind and pam_winbind. What information I have found doesn't seem to work, maybe because it focuses on joining the domain as an NT-style domain member vs. Active Directory-style membership.

-Will