Re: Timecounters and 5.2

From: Ken Smith <kensmith_at_cse.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:05:14 -0500
On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 10:42:06AM -0800, Doug White wrote:

> Hm. Soren committed some changes to the driver on the 19th (UTC) which
> fixed some timeout issues. What rev of ata-all.c does the two kernels
> have?  Actually just get all the revs for all the ata files for doc
> purposes. :)

Sorry, I learned later I probably screwed up again. :-(  I'm having
trouble drawing the line between providing helpful info based on
what happens on the cluster and accidentally saying stuff that's wrong
because I didn't know "everything" happening on a given machine.  It's
a bit easier with the other reference machines, they just run a cron
job that updates everything and reboot every night so usually there
isn't any other dark magic going on...  Some of you may have received
nag email from me when something you did worked on x86 but broke one
of the 64-bit arch's and the cron jobs failed...  ;-)

Marcel was actively looking at ATA issues on pluto2 so I'm not 100%
sure what was in /boot/kernel/kernel at the time was pure ata code
straight out of the repo.  If he says it was pure ATA code I can
produce the ata revs but me doing that won't be useful if he had
been modifying what was there.

Sorry.  I'll try to be a bit more careful before saying anything.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith_at_cse.buffalo.edu