Re: sleeping too lightly

From: Anish Mistry <mistry.7_at_osu.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:29:12 -0500
On Wednesday 28 January 2004 08:39 am, Panagiotis Astithas wrote:
> Randy Bush wrote:
> > thinkpad t40p
> > pretty current
> >
> > S3 does suspend, and i have successfully tied it to the key and lid.
> > but it seems to burn battery anyway, like five hours eats 40% of it,
> > and it sleeps quite warmly.  any clues?
>
> Isn't it supposed to? I believe that you need S4 for complete poweroff.
> acpiconf(8) says something along these lines, too.

True, but it shouldn't eat battery that fast.  This sounds similar to what
happens on my system, turns out that the display isn't completely turned
off, only the backlight is turned off, and if you look really carefully
you can still see the video adapter is being powered.  From my
understanding the video card display driver should handle this case, but I
can't my card to work with any driver to issue these commands.
--
Anish Mistry