Re: nss_winbind support

From: Jacques A. Vidrine <nectar_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 08:22:16 -0600
On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 09:17:33AM -0500, Will Saxon wrote:
> After installation of the port (net/samba-devel) those modules were not
> installed, although I did not try the option you mentioned since it does
> not exist in the port Makefile v1.98 that I have. It does exist for
> the net/samba 2.2.8 port.

Ah, so there's the rub.  The NSS support for BSD needs to be added to
the samba-devel port.  Maybe David can do so (cc'd);  otherwise, I will
put it on my TODO list.

[...]
> Looking through some samba mailing list archives suggests that they did
> not implement nsswitch stuff for freebsd exactly correctly, but this has
> been fixed in the CVS tree.

I don't suppose you have a reference for this handy?  I'd like to see
what they've done and check that it is correct.

[...]
> I am still getting lots of the NSSWITCH errors in my debug.log, if that
> makes a difference.

I'm interested: please forward the log to me off-list.

Cheers,
--
Jacques Vidrine   NTT/Verio SME      FreeBSD UNIX       Heimdal
nectar_at_celabo.org jvidrine_at_verio.net nectar_at_freebsd.org nectar_at_kth.se