Re: Periodic not running in FreeBSD 5.2

From: Andrew Boothman <andrew_at_mux.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:35:56 +0000
sammy!!! wrote:

> I've noticed my periodic scripts have not been running for about a week
> now.  Is there something that might have been broken with them when
> upgrading to 5.2 from 5.1?

Periodic scripts are run from /etc/crontab - is that file
present/correct? (Note: Don't install this crontab using the crontab
command as you do for other users - /etc/crontab will be checked by cron
automatically)

Is cron running? Set cron_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf if not. The
default is to make it run however, so this would only be needed if
someome had altered /etc/defaults/rc.conf

Andrew