devfs problem

From: Harald Schmalzbauer <h_at_schmalzbauer.de>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 00:17:00 +0100
Hi all,

I have devfs mounted at /somepint/ip/dev and ls shows:

acpi       cuala0     net1       stdout     ttyv2      twed0s1
agpgart    cuala1     net2       sysmouse   ttyv3      twed0s1a
apm        devctl     network    ttyd0      ttyv4      twed0s1b
ast0       devstat    null       ttyd1      ttyv5      twed0s1c
ata        fd         pci        ttyid0     ttyv6      twed0s1d
console    geom.ctl   perfmon    ttyid1     ttyv7      twed0s1e
consolectl io         ptyp0      ttyld0     ttyv8      twed0s1f
ctty       klog       ptyp1      ttyld1     ttyv9      twed0s1g
cuaa0      kmem       random     ttyp0      ttyva      twed0s1h
cuaa1      mem        smb0       ttyp1      ttyvb      urandom
cuaia0     nast0      stderr     ttyv0      twe0       xpt0
cuaia1     net        stdin      ttyv1      twed0      zero

"devfs rule show" print:
100 hide

I expected after a "devfs -m /somepoint/ip/dev rule applyset" that I don't see
a device anymore.

What am I doing wrong?

Also the jail_ip_devfs_ruleset="4" line in /etc/rc.conf didn't work for me.

Thanks in advance,

-Harry