Re: TP 600 and ACPI IRQ routing problems

From: Wiktor Niesiobedzki <bsd_at_w.evip.pl>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:18:46 +0100
On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 01:42:41PM -0500, John Baldwin wrote:
> On Thursday 29 January 2004 01:22 pm, Wiktor Niesiobedzki wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > After giving a shot yesterdays CURRENT I still can't get ACPI and PCCARD
> > cooperating on my Thinkpad 600. As far as I recognize the problem, it lies
> > in that acpi assignes irq 3 to cbb device, what apparently isn't the best
> > choice. I've tried following setting in loader.conf:
> > hw.acpi.pci.link.0.3.0.irq=9
> > hw.acpi.pci.link.0.7.3.irq=10
> > hw.acpi.pci.link.0.2.0.irq=11
> > hw.acpi.pci.link.0.2.1.irq=10
>
> Try without that first line. (The irq=9 one).

Ok, I gave it closer look. It looks like acpi_pci_link_set_irq fails with
AE_ERROR, because: PCI interrupt link is disabled - \\_SB_.LNKD. So setting
hw.acpi.pci.link.*.*.*.irq=* gives no change to IRQ routing.

I tried also the patch submited by Alexandre Kovalenko, which overrides
acpi_pcib algorithm of choosing the first available interrupt, with setting
the choosen interrupt. The patch does its job and allows to use my PCCARD,
when ACPI is on.

Is there anything more, that I can do to investigate the problem?

Cheers,

Wiktor Niesiobedzki