Re: bringing /etc/services up to date

From: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles_at_skynet.be>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 13:38:10 +0200
At 3:43 AM -0700 2004-07-07, Colin Percival wrote:

>    I've put together a patch to bring /etc/services up to date with
>  almost a decade of IANA port assignments.  Unfortunately, this
>  turned out to be rather larger than I expected: It adds 6400 lines,
>  and increases the size of /etc/services from 73 kB to 327 kB.
>    Is anyone going to be very unhappy if I go ahead and commit this?

	Speaking only for myself, I would gladly welcome such an update.
Having a grossly outdated /etc/services is something that I have
found rather annoying on more than one occasion, although I've
usually solved the problem by just blowing away what is there and
bringing in a new one from somewhere else.  By making this change,
you will save me that pain.

	But I speak only for myself.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles_at_skynet.be>

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755