Re: bringing /etc/services up to date

From: Cyrille Lefevre <clefevre-lists_at_9online.fr>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 00:42:27 +0200
"Denis Antrushin" <DAntrushin_at_mail.ru> wrote:
> Harti Brandt wrote:
> > On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Charles Swiger wrote:
> >
> > CS>Lots of systems implement some external caching system (nscd, lookupd,
etc)
> > CS>which those library calls access rather than iterating through the
> > CS>/etc/services file and related sources directly within each process which
> > CS>calls getservby*().  I'm not sure whether the sources for Solaris' nscd
are
> > CS>handy, but I believe the sources for lookupd and friends are at:
> > CS>
> > CS>http://developer.apple.com/darwin/projects/opendirectory/
> >
> > I remember someone from Russia or Ukraina offering something like nscd at
least
> > twice during the last 12 month. What happend to that project?
> >
> It's still there: http://rsu.ru/~bushman/lookupd/
> But IIRC, there was no response to these announcements, at least on current_at_

Hi, I'm currently looking at the code. as is, it is far not style(9) compliant.
so, I'm fixing that stuff to get in a chance to be integrated to FreeBSD if
possible. that help me, also, to check the code. IMHO, there is too many
unchecked return values (malloc, etc.), so, the code is far from to be clean.
I'll write back to the author ASAP about that.

Cyrille Lefevre.
--
home: mailto:cyrille.lefevre_at_laposte.net