Re: losing serial console

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 10:27:24 +0000 (UTC)
On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Robert Watson wrote:

> > ok I further tested things and cannot get serial console with either
> > 4BSD or ULE with sources from around 20040707-2120 UTC so it's not a
> > problem of the scheduler.
>
> If you back out to before July 2, 2004, does life get any better?  That's
> the day John committed the preemption changes.

if I am right this got fixed in the last hours so
HEAD should be ok now ? I am currently running cvs up.

> > here's what a show gives before booting:
> <snip>
> > Anyone ?
>
> All your settings looke reasonable to me.  Has anything changed WRT ACPI
> use on your system in the last week?  Nate committed the ACPI blacklist
> stuff, and I have several boxes that fail to properly use serial ports
> when not using ACPI.  If ACPI suddenly turned off, that could have
> triggered the problem?

pre-loading acpi didn't make any differences. Not that I had expected
this on a P200.

I have just verified that a complete build from 20040417-1155 from
home boots up fine with serial console (same kernconf, same
make.conf).

where does the kernel learn the things from the loader/pxeboot i.e.
comsonsole and boot -h ?