Re: RFC: Sorting in top -m io

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida_at_ceid.upatras.gr>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 20:27:25 +0300
On 2004-07-08 12:07, Dan Nelson <dnelson_at_allantgroup.com> wrote:
> In the last episode (Jul 08), Alfred Perlstein said:
> > * Giorgos Keramidas <keramida_at_freebsd.org> [040708 05:45] wrote:
> > >
> > > The new -m io option of top is cool, but sorting ...
> >
> > I think it's awesome.  Go for it.
>
> docs are still missing: manpage, top Usage string, and "?" help all
> need to describe the -m flag and 'm' key.

Err, yeah.  I should have waited.  I have a few changes to the manpage
at home.  In a couple of hours they should be ready and into shape for
commiting.

> Since there's room, context-switch info would also be neat to display.

I'm not sure I can tackle this.  I have close to nil experience with the
stuff top uses to extract the useful information from the kernel.
Copy-pasting and tinkering a bit with a few OO-like sort methods wasn't
very hard but for anything else I'll have to read a lot of stuff :-)

Giorgos