more on serial console problems

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 22:27:23 +0000 (UTC)
Hi,

rebuilt my amd64 and (apart from some loader buildword/install problems)
I got the following serial console results using loader:

* default boot to screen is fine
* boot -s to screen is fine
* boot -h gives kernel message but nothing after "mounting root from"
  when rc.d startup scripts are running
* boot -h -s give kernel boot messages but "../bin/sh " for single
  user mode is printed neither to console nor to screen
* echo "-h" > /boot.config : loader and kernel boot messages go to
  console but again no rc.d startup script messages

in any case my getty on ttyd0 is working fine of course.

This at least is somewhat better than my latest pxeboot results but
still is not perfect; something not so good is going on.

This is with sources from pre-KDB commits.

Anyone any ideas how to get the rc.d script messages to console too ?