Re: sysctl debug.debugger_on_panic

From: Lukas Ertl <le_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 21:16:53 +0200 (CEST)
On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:

> I took the time to go over the detailed information you sent about
> your system (yes, I'm sarcastic -- no such information has been
> sent) and I can only assume it's your fault :-)

The system is an IA32 based server, running an up-to-date -CURRENT.  I
have KDB and DDB in the kernel.  Up to the DDB change, I set the sysctl to
0 and have the box automatically dump core and reboot, if I trigger a
KASSERT or run into a plain NULL pointer dereference.  Now, it just sits a
the DDB prompt.  If you need more info, let me know what's needed.

> As a first: make sure you're not being dropped in the debugger for
> other reasons.

In this particular case, it's a NULL pointer dereference (might be a
0xdeadc0de - haven't found out yet) that panics the box.

cheers,
le

--
Lukas Ertl                         http://homepage.univie.ac.at/l.ertl/