Re: CVSUP and 5.2.1 RELEASE

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 22:22:34 +0200
In message <16628.17408.87798.143913_at_ran.psg.com>, Randy Bush writes:
>>> let me ask a different question.  what is the need for 'make world'?
>> It is mentioned in approximately 22900 hits on google:
>
>so is george bush, but i am hoping we don't keep him.

He'll hopefully stick around in the documentation in the
BUGS section :-)

>i meant my question seriously.  when should i use 'make world',

I use it a lot for testing, I know a lot of people use it
with DESTDIR=/disk/next_jail and similar.

The point here is that people who shoot their own feet off with
make world isn't going to stop doing so just because your
rename it to "make buildworld installworld"