Re: panic: m_copym, length > size of mbuf chain

From: Daniel Lang <dl_at_leo.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 23:05:08 +0200
Hi Robert,

Robert Watson wrote on Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 03:42:09PM -0400:
[..]
> Is it possible to get the box running with SACK again for debugging
> purposes?  Resolving this issue would be a very good thing.  Thanks!
[..]

Well....

I am really hesitant about this matter.

The box used to be (at least from my perspective) one of the
top 5 mirror hosts in Germany for more than a dozen public domain
projects, like FreeBSD, other BSDs, Apache, Postgres, a couple of
Linux distros and many more. All in all this box has 100-200
mirrors running (well if they are running).

So at the moment, I am really glad to have the thing up again.

However, somebody of the SACK development team has contacted me, to
obtain access to the crashdump and I am happy to provide this
access. Maybe this is already sufficient to resolve the problem.

So, I will provide access to this data, and we will see if these
people can find the problem. If not, well, I am still open to
suggestions. It all depends, I'd say.

I am very glad and thank everybody who helped to solve my
problem, and I am still willing to contribute my share.

One of the major obstacles is, that I am (actually starting from today)
no longer an employee at the Technische Universitaet Muenchen,
the university running the LEO project (where the machine is hosted).
So I for the sake of the transition, I have had a strong interest in
leaving a stable service to be hosted by my collegues and successors.
The instability problem in the last weeks has caused a really really
bad headache.

So if things are settled down and there is someone who has equal
competencies in running the LEO services, I am confident more thorough
debugging assitancy can be provided. To make things clear, I volunteered
to assist the LEO project in the future, but I cannot promise anything
right now, so I would like to keep the impact to the production service
as minimal as possible.

Thanks and best regards,
 Daniel
--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock           - Burn them to ashes, then burn the ashes. -
 Daniel Lang * dl_at_leo.org * +49 89 289 18532 * http://www.leo.org/~dl/