Re: ACPI degrading.. ?

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 23:49:51 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Jon Noack wrote:

> Come to think of it, all of my hard lockups were when Firefox was
> running.  I think (some of) the issues native preemption uncovered are
> related to threading.  In any case, I commented out "#define PREEMPTION"
> in src/sys/<ARCH>/include/param.h and rebuilt my kernel so it would stay
> up for more than 30 minutes.

I've also drawn the same conclusion -- to trigger the hangs, I run MySQL
with a threaded benchmark.  Otherwise, things seem fairly stable on my
test boxes.  Could you try running with PREEMPTION and using libthr
instead of libkse and see if you get the same result?

robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Principal Research Scientist, McAfee Research