About ISC-cron

From: Xin LI <delphij_at_frontfree.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 23:30:16 +0800
Hi folks,

I have did a preliminary work on ISC-cron 4.1 for FreeBSD. I have noticed
that:
	- Both FreeBSD and NetBSD have cron and friends based on cron 3.0
	  with some respective local modifications.
	- OpenBSD has adopted ISC cron 4.0b1 in early 2001. After that,
	  they have did several security and stablity related improvements
	  that IMO is valuable for us, too.
	- There are some minor bugs in FreeBSD's cron that should be
	  fixed. (e.g. having */0 in crontab will cause a local DoS,
	  crontab does not remove temp files when it is abnormally
	  terminated, etc.)

I have Google'd the mailing list and found no discussion explaining why
we have not upgraded our cron and friends. Is there any discussion I
have missed? In other words, should I make these work a port, or a diff
against src/, when I have finished the whole thing?

/* POLA will be respected :-) */

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij frontfree net>	http://www.delphij.net/
See complete headers for GPG key and other information.