Re: Call for PRs: nullfs

From: Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie.le-hen_at_epita.fr>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 16:00:48 +0200
>   kern/51583 (confirmed still a problem in -STABLE, -CURRENT)

I tried the attached patch, and it's appear to be only a half-fix.
To test it, I made a small server which listens on a named Unix socket
and a client sending an hello message through it.  Here are the results
on a 5-CURRENT (about 50 days ago) (`lower' means the program opens the
socket on the lower filesystem while `upper' means it is on the null
layer) :

			Without patch		With Dmitry
						Sivachenko's patch

client(lower) /		OK			OK
server(lower)

client(upper) /		Failed			OK
server(lower)

client(lower) /		Failed			Failed
server(upper)

client(upper) /		OK			OK
server(upper)

I hope this can help.  I tried to understand why it fails, but my
programming skills are not good enough.

Regards,
--
Jeremie LE HEN aka TtZ/TataZ                          jeremie.le-hen_at_epita.fr
                                                                 ttz_at_epita.fr