Re: Hang on boot - "ATAPI_RESET no interrupt" with DVD+RW

From: Samuel Tardieu <sam_at_rfc1149.net>
Date: 21 Jul 2004 00:18:50 +0200

Brian> Since last night and continuing today, the kernel from -CURRENT
Brian> usually hangs during boot.  Safe mode worked once, but the
Brian> second time it didn't work.  I now got in through single-user
Brian> mode, so it appears to just work every once in a while,
Brian> randomly.

Same from me with a kernel/world from Thu Jul 15 20:37:42 CEST
2004. With or without CD in the reader/writer. I have to remove the
device (I cannot test at another place on the bus at this is in a
laptop) to make the laptop boot. It was working fine with 5.2.1.

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam_at_rfc1149.net -- http://www.rfc1149.net/sam