Re: laptop for -current

From: Philip Paeps <philip_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 23:08:36 +0200
On 2004-07-21 13:36:20 (-0700), Kim Culhan <w8hdkim_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Anyone know a laptop they think is good for FreeBSd-current?

I've been fairly happy with all kinds of Asus laptops.  About the only things
not working for me are the winmodems (grmbl) and (only on some models) irda.
ACPI is fairly decent, particularly on the more recent models.  Stay away from
the L3H, that one's a bit of a pain.

> With all the differences in hardware, trying to find one which is mostly
> compatible is not straightforward.
>
> The manufacturers don't make it easier..

It's all a conspiracy.

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                    Please don't CC me, I am
                                                 subscribed to the list.

  BOFH Excuse #171:
    NOTICE: alloc: /dev/null: filesystem full