RE: USB Epson Stylus CX-5400

From: Darren Pilgrim <dmp_at_bitfreak.org>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 11:39:46 -0700
> From: Chris
>
> I just received an Epson Stylus CX-5400. I got CUPS running without any
> issues but unfortunately I cannot get the scanner to work. I only found
> one other ref to this scanner/printer on the mailing lists any help
> would be appreciated.
>
> I only see one device attached to the usb which is the printer.

You do have the uscanner device loaded or compiled in, right?

uscanner.c[1] appears to use a list of device IDs to tell it which devices
it should attach.  There appears to be a line for the Epson 1260, which has
been said to work, but I don't see a line that appears to be for the
CX-5400.  Given that device ID lists have a bad habit of not keeping up with
new models, you might want to try adding the appropriate lines to uscanner.c
and usbdevs[2].

1: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/usb/uscanner.c?rev=1.56
2: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs?rev=1.190

The usual warnings about panics, etc. apply.