Re: HEADS UP: change in ports rc.d script behaviour

From: Remko Lodder <remko_at_elvandar.org>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 21:12:50 +0200
Joel Dahl wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-07-24 at 19:53, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
>
>>On Saturday 24 July 2004 17:09, Mike Makonnen wrote:
>>

>>>I know this commit breaks the print/cups port and eik_at_ has said that the
>>>following ports are also broken:
>>
>>Has this been approved by RE/portmgr?
>

>>From the commit message:
> 	"Discussed with: portmgr"
>
> I don't know if this means "approved" though...

Okay, i am in no way an portmgr or something similiar,
but i feel this is getting a long discussion. Perhaps it is smart to
backout the change, and let Mike and the portmaintainers generate some
patches to make sure the ports still work (especially apache which is
frequently used imho). After that the portmgr's can announce this
change. Do not get me wrong, i think that it is a good idea, but perhaps
not at this point in time.

portmgr and let portmgr announce it...

my $0.02

--
Kind regards,

Remko Lodder                   |remko_at_elvandar.org
Reporter DSINet                |remko_at_dsinet.org
Projectleader Mostly-Harmless  |remko_at_mostly-harmless.nl