Re: USB devices

From: Michael Lestinsky <michael.lestinsky_at_mpi-hd.mpg.de>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 21:32:07 +0200
Am 24.07.'04 schrieb Chris:
> My problem is I know that the Epson CX-5400 is supported by SANE.

Extract the usb vendor- and device-id, use "usbdevs -v" for this. Next edit
/usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs, the file format is quite obvious. "make
buildkernel" transforms this file into #define statements and you just add
an entry for your scanner to /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/uscanner.c using the
same names as in /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs.

build and install a kernel or just the uscanner module and that's it.

> My Epson 1260 worked fine prior to this.

At least, the above procedure worked for me with the 1260.

When you are done, file a PR with your diffs.

Bye
Michael

--
Michael Lestinsky                   Max-Planck-Institut fuer Kernphysik
michael.lestinsky_at_mpi-hd.mpg.de     Saupfercheckweg 1; 69117 Heidelberg