Re: HEADS UP: change in ports rc.d script behaviour

From: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 15:54:44 -0400
On Sat, 2004-07-24 at 15:35, Tobias Roth wrote:
> [snip questions about breakage and backing out requests]
>
> guys, this is -CURRENT. it's normal that some changes break other things.
> what's the point in complaining this breaking some ports? if you run
> -CURRENT on a production box, you usually are aware of what you are
> risking.
>
> also, the time chosen for this upgrade is as good as any. in fact, i even
> think this is a good timing, since 5.3 is getting closer.
>
> and it's not  mikes responsibility to fix every port this breaks.

No it is not, but I have asked him to back this out (temporarily) on
behalf of portmgr.  We do need to give fair warning to all maintainers
that are affected.  We also need to provide an entry in
/usr/ports/CHANGES documenting the new rc.d behavior.

Once maintainers have had a chance to fix their affected ports, this can
come back into the tree.

Joe