Re: HEADSUP: X.Org conversion

From: Vulpes Velox <v.velox_at_vvelox.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 16:24:52 -0500
On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 06:46:04 -0400
Thomas Dickey <dickey_at_radix.net> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 12:51:54AM -0500, Vulpes Velox wrote:
> > On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 21:22:06 -0500 (CDT)
> > "Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads_at_cox.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Xorg's auto-configuration is pretty awesome.  You really only
> > > need a configuration file now if you want any special
> > > customizations, font paths, etc.
> >
> > Actually from my understanding, this is also in XFree86 4.4, so
> > not really Xorg specific.
>
> yes, in fact the changelog indicates that most of the work done for
> autoconfiguration was done by David Dawes, who is not associated
> with X.Org.
>
> (come on Eric: give credit, don't take it)

Seems like that as of currently for a nice chunk of Xorg is like that
:/

My only reason for using it over XF86, is that XF86 integrated the
acecad driver with the mouse driver, in a massive show of stupidity.
The end result is that it is no longer possible of using it as a
tablet.

Not sure what is happening on this area, since the Xorg docs are
sketchy. Some make it sound like this is true Xorg too and I should
not have this input module aviable.