Re: HEADSUP: X.Org conversion

From: Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 10:58:26 +0930
On Saturday, 24 July 2004 at 19:44:59 +0200, Julien Gabel wrote:

>>> Amazed about what?
>>> Could you please explain what amazed you so much?
>
>> Xorg, with no config file, properly detected my video card, mouse and
>> monitor, and automatically configured itself to use the highest
>> available resolution at the highest possible refresh rate.
>
> For me too, even with my 1440x900 particular setup (16/9 screen on my
> notebook) on which i need previously to run XFree86-4-Server-snap
> 4.3.99.15 in order to work properly with the ATI Radeon 9600Pro
card.

Ditto here with my Dell Inspiron 9100 with 1680x1050 display.  Very
impressive.

> Just a side note: it didn't setup correctly my french keyboard (fr).

I even got my keyboard set up correctly (Ctrl and Alt key in the
correct places), but that was because I have it in my .xinitrc.  Took
a while for me to realize why it still worked.

Greg
--
Note: I discard all HTML mail unseen.
Finger grog_at_FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.