Re: HEADSUP: X.Org conversion

From: Eric Anholt <eta_at_lclark.edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 03:57:16 -0700
On Sat, 2004-07-24 at 16:57, Derrick Edwards wrote:
> On Saturday 24 July 2004 05:24 pm, Vulpes Velox wrote:
> I have XORG up and running however, if I install a package vice a port,
> FreeBSD goes out and get the XFree Stuff. Will having both on the machine
> causes problems? I added X_WINDOW_SYSTEM=xorg  to the /etc/make.conf file so
> I am not sure how this is going to work out.

You shouldn't be able to have both XFree86 and X.Org pieces installed at
the same time because of IGNORE and CONFLICTS (more or less).  If you're
running on less than -current, then X_WINDOW_SYSTEM=xorg is the way to
make sure your dependencies stay correct.

--
Eric Anholt                                eta_at_lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt_at_FreeBSD.org