Re: blue term color in xorg (was: Re: HEADSUP: X.Org conversion)

From: Daniel Eischen <eischen_at_vigrid.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 11:04:51 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 25 Jul 2004, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 10:58:36PM -0400, Daniel Eischen wrote:

> > > that's fixed upstream.
> > >
> > > xterm supports ANSI color, VT220 emulation and UTF-8
> > > There's an faq at
> > > 	http://invisible-island.net/xterm/xterm.faq.html
> > > 	ftp://invisible-island.net/xterm/
> >
> > Can you vague that up a bit more?
>
> The "xterm supports" is a boilerplate (F1 on my keyboard) that I use
> for pointers to further reading.  Though it occurs to me that there's
> probably no direct link from the faq to my changelog
> 	http://invisible-island.net/xterm/xterm.log.html
> the file is also included in the tarballs.

The question was why are the colors different.  I failed to find
an answer in any of the replies.  After searching the rather large
changelog, I find in Patch #180 - 2003/10/12 - XFree86 4.3.99.15:

  "use color resource setting from Debian package for xterm VT100
   widget, since the choice of blues provides better contrast."

If the default color scheme was purposely changed, would not an
easier answer had simply been "the default color scheme has
changed; use Xdefaults to tailor"?

--
DE