Re: Athlon64 SMP motherboards?

From: Ketrien I. Saihr-Kesenchedra <ketrien_at_error404.nls.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 00:43:21 -0400
At 09:37 PM 7/25/2004, you wrote:
>anyone have experience with Athlon64 SMP motherboards?
>Tyan will not begin samples until late third quarter.

Tyan's had some hits and misses. K8S junk, K8SPro and K8SR good, K8QSPro is
great. You can compare their 939's to the 940's largely - a 939 is an
Opteron with one pin less, which puts them into 5-layer PCB motherboards as
opposed to six or more for 940's. At least that's what I've been told. I
haven't even touched a 939 to date, but the Opterons are a good gauge.
Amazed Tyan's sampling 3rd quarter, was hoping they'd take some time to
straighten out the K8SPro and K8W first.

-Ketrien I. Saihr-Kesenchedra <ketrien AT error404 DOT nls DOT net>
# Maybe this world is another planet's hell. --Aldous Huxley
Feanor smiles, "We, of course, are enlightened and s/Maybe t/T"