Re: xl(4) autonegotiation trouble - ng_pppoe related?

From: Matthias Andree <ma_at_dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:48:46 +0200
"Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net> writes:

> On Fri, 23 Jul 2004, Matthias Andree wrote:
>
>> > It's quite obvious that you can't do pppoEthernet w/o a working
>> > ethernet link.
>>
>> The link IS working: if I use rp-pppoe, a user-space PPPoE driver, it
>> works on the same interface where ppp (with ng_pppoe) fails.
>
> can you please check if rp-pppoe does put the interface into promisc
> mode ?

I have checked, zero hints to promiscuous mode:
ifconfig has no "PROMISC" tag,
nothing in dmesg or /var/log/messages.

> and - do you have s.th. like
> 	ifconfig_xl1="up"
> in your /etc/rc.conf ? Else I think it won't work with ppp/ng_pppoe

Yes, I do. ppp/ng_pppoe has worked a few weeks ago and I hadn't changed
my configuration for months.

--
Matthias Andree

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)