Re: 3Ware 9500 and disklabel

From: Philip Murray <pmurray_at_nevada.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:25:42 +1200
Vinod Kashyap wrote:

> [...]

I managed to get it to boot from CD with the -CURRENT snapshot (my
problem was the bootloader didn't seem to like the machine having serial
console redirect on in the BIOS). Now I can successfully FDisk and
Disklabel the volume. When the installer tries to run newfs it hangs. It
shows me the dialog (the Running newfs -U -O2 /dev/da0s1) in the first
pty and in the 2nd (or 3rd?) pty it has the first few lines of the newfs
output but never starts printing out the (inode?) numbers.

Just to make sure my card isn't dud I installed RHEL and used the 64bit
kernel module from 3ware.com and it works fine.

Thanks for your help.

Philip