RE: cvs commit: src/sys/geom/vinum geom_vinum.c geom_vinum_drive.c

From: Daniel Eriksson <daniel_k_eriksson_at_telia.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:17:43 +0200
Lukas Ertl wrote:

> > This made geom_vinum work on my system, at least partially.
> What is the
> > correct way of starting geom_vinum? I tried adding
> geom_vinum_load="YES" in
> > loader.conf, but that made the machine panic during disc probing.
>
> Where does it panic?  Do you have a backtrace?

No, no backtrace available because after an upgrade of the system to
2004.07.27.11.00.00 (earlier today) the panic is gone.

I might have found another slight problem though, but I'm not sure if it's a
fluke or if it's repeatable. I'll let you know next time I take the server
offline. The problem was that some if the gvinum filesystems (all the
striped filesystems, but not the mirrored) did not properly clear the dirty
flag on shutdown. Again, I don't know if this is a real problem. I'll report
back here if it is.

/Daniel Eriksson