Re: Xorg built fails on CURRENT: can't find Xauth.h

From: Joe Kelsey <joe_at_zircon.seattle.wa.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 17:44:41 -0700
On Tue, 2004-07-27 at 15:37, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > From: "Alexandre \"Sunny\" Kovalenko" <Alex.Kovalenko_at_verizon.net>
> > But... there is nothing in UPDATING. I have copied the list just in case
> > someone out there thinks there should be. Right now:
> >
> > sunny:RabbitsDen>grep -i xorg UPDATING
> > sunny:RabbitsDen>grep -i libwnck UPDATING
> > sunny:RabbitsDen>grep -i libxklavier UPDATING
> > sunny:RabbitsDen>ls -l UPDATING
> > -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  69125 Jul 25 16:37 UPDATING
> >
> > Considering that this is ports issue, I honestly did not expect
> > anything in UPDATING anyway.
> >
> Which UPDATING file?
> > ls -l /usr/ports/UPDATING
> -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  19155 Jul 27 03:56 /usr/ports/UPDATING
>
> ports has its own and that is where to look for such information on ports.

This is EXACTLY the reason that we need to ADVERTISE the NEW UPDATING
file much more!  I encountered another problem which had an entry in
/usr/ports/UPDATING, but since I completely missed the months-old
announcement of the creationof the file, I never looked there and got
yelled at my many, many people for my supposed stupidity!

We need to have a regular announcement on -CURRENT, -STABLE and all
ports-related newsgroups that /usr/ports/UPDATING exists and needs to be
looked at regularly!  Just because someone created it many months ago
does not mean that everyone knows about it!

/Joe