Re: Upgrading to net/openldap22-sasl-server giving fits

From: Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:21:41 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Kirk Strauser wrote:

> My 5.2-CURRENT server is happily chugging away using openldap21-sasl-server
> with the db41 backend, nss_ldap, and pam_ldap for user authentication.
> After reading in /usr/ports/UPDATING that openldap22-(sasl-)?server was
> becoming the default I thought I'd try upgrading to it.
>
> Unfortunately, upgrading to openldap22 with db41 results in:

[...]

It would not suprise me if you need to dump + reload your database to
update to a new bdb schema in openldap2.2.  Did you try backing up the old
db files, slapcatting them somewhere, move out of the way, do the upgrade,
then slapadd the data back into fresh db files?

Actually there's a mention of this in their FAQ-O-Matic:

Dump + reload on upgrade are well known to postgres folks :)