Re: ACPI Error: AE_NO_HARDWARE_RESPONSE

From: Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 12:56:56 -0700 (PDT)
This means the EC timed out while reading the current temp.  I'm not sure
what is causing this.  Try setting:

sysctl hw.acpi.thermal.polling_rate=1

This makes the thermal poll run every second.  And then run this script:

#!/bin/sh
while [ 1 ]; do
	sysctl hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.temperature
	sleep .1
done

This polls the temp over and over to see if it can reproduce the error.
Don't worry, this error only means your temp reading will be incorrect (no
system damage will occur).  Let me know how often the errors appear.  Try

Also, send me the output of so I can see your notebook's config:
    acpidump -t -d > pwrnotebooks-C.asl

-Nate