Re: [HEADS-UP] mbuma is in the tree

From: Conrad Sabatier <conrads_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 16:31:09 -0500 (CDT)
On 01-Jun-2004 Gleb Smirnoff wrote:
>   Bosko,
>
> On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 02:51:01PM -0700, Bosko Milekic wrote:
> B>   In order to avoid having to type everything again, I'll refer
> B>   to the commit log.  PLEASE READ IT IN FULL:
> B>
> B> Bring in mbuma to replace mballoc.
> B>
> B> mbuma is an Mbuf & Cluster allocator built on top of a number of
> B> extensions to the UMA framework, all included herein.
>
> Have you done any performance tests? How this new allocator affects
> network performance?
>
> How stable is it? :) Yesterday I was planning to upgrade CURRENT on
> my production router. Should I do it?

I went ahead and upgraded as soon as I saw the announcement, mainly just
for the new capability of using an unlimited mbufs setting.

It seems to be working just fine.  I've experienced no problems with it
whatsoever so far.  No negative impact on network performance.

Nice work there, Bosko!

(now, if we could just get the ACPI-related hangs at shutdown fixed)  :-)

--
Conrad Sabatier <conrads_at_cox.net> - "In Unix veritas"