Re: System boots with ACPI enabled now but hangs on reboot

From: Bryan Liesner <bryan_at_kishka.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 15:22:35 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Grover Lines wrote:

> I've been building world on a daily basis and starting May 16 my kernel was
> hanging with ACPI enabled. Anyway since a couple days ago the system boots
> fine but hangs on reboot. My system is a K7S5A and here's my debugging info
> so that maybe it will help someone to fix the issue.
>
> boot -v with ACPI enabled    http://www.ceribus.net/freebsd/dmesg.txt
> boot -v with ACPI disabled   http://www.ceribus.net/freebsd/dmesg-wo.txt
>
> ASL 	http://www.ceribus.net/freebsd/grover-k7s5a.asl

Take a look at my original message:
<http://docs.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?20040530165322.X519>

This has helped alleviate the issue for others (until it's properly
tackled).

= Bryan D. Liesner            LeezSoft Communications, Inc. =
=                             A subsidiary of LeezSoft Inc. =
= bryan_at_kishka.net            Home of the Gipper            =