Re: bash core dumping when resize gnome-terminal on amd64

From: Sean McNeil <sean_at_mcneil.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 13:05:44 -0700
On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 12:57, Dave Feustel wrote:
> On Thursday 03 June 2004 02:12 pm, Sean McNeil wrote:
> > > I did some investigation into a core dump of bash that I have been
> > > having.  First, I do not know if this problem exists with the i386 arch,
> > > but it is possible.  I never noticed it.
>
> Resizing vi inside of a kde shell window will very often crash vi.
> This has been going on for some time. It is not a serious problem.

I have fixed the issue for bash (see thread).  Are you using nss_ldap?
If so, my fix may help your vi issue as well.

I actually think there is a latent bug somewhere in sigaction.  I get
all kinds of crashes that have the feeling of improperly handled
signals.  The bash resize issue was related to restarting the sigaction
in libpthread.  I'm just hiding the real issue by making sure that the
pthread library isn't pulled in just because of nss_ldap.

Sean