Re: [HEADS-UP] mbuma is in the tree

From: Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama_at_imgsrc.co.jp>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 07:50:25 +0900
At Wed, 2 Jun 2004 09:07:46 +0000 (UTC),
Frode Nordahl wrote:
> I'm running two NFS servers on 5.2.1-RELEASE (with the old mbuf code
> obviously), and I see the problem with leakage here.  Don't know a way
> to reproduce it yet, but it happends over time. This happends both on a
> UP and a SMP machine.
>
> After more than a month of uptime, the mbuf map starts to get eaten up.
>
> Is there any way to look at the mbuf cache while the system is running
> to see what is in there?

It looks your host2 has normal value of mbuf usage.  Is there the
difference of apprication with these hosts?

I'm using net-snmp and mrtg to collect statistics of mbuf/mbufc
usage.  If you can find any trends (increasing at specific time period
or so), it would be help for further debugging.

---- mrtg.cfg
Target[mbuf]:hrStorageUsed.1&hrStorageUsed.4:public_at_server
MaxBytes1[mbuf]: 40960
MaxBytes2[mbuf]: 20480
Options[mbuf]: gauge,nopercent,growright
Title[mbuf]: Number of mbufs in use
YLegend[mbuf]: mbufs
ShortLegend[mbuf]: &nbsp;
LegendI[mbuf]: &nbsp; mbufs in use
LegendO[mbuf]: &nbsp; mbuf clusters in use
PageTop[mbuf]: <H1>Number of mbufs in use</H1>

--
Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama_at_imgsrc.co.jp> // IMG SRC, Inc.
             <kuriyama_at_FreeBSD.org> // FreeBSD Project