Re: Mounting an FTP site

From: Brian Feldman <green_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 23:49:27 -0400
On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 03:08:20PM +1200, Drew Broadley wrote:
> I was just wondering if there is any feature, patch etc. to allow me to
> mount an ftp site to a directory ?
>
> I don't need to know the pros/cons of this, I just need to know Yes
> (where ?) or No.

There isn't one because in general it's much easier and less error-prone
to do such things completely in userland.  The main projects I would check
out if you want to be somewhere in the middle of those two are:
	GnomeVFS (http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/gnome-vfs/)
	kio (from KDE)
	mozilla

  <> green_at_FreeBSD.org                               \  The Power to Serve! \