Re: fxp(4) device timeouts ACPI related?

From: Daniel Eischen <eischen_at_vigrid.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 09:25:45 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Michael Reifenberger wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Andreas Moeller wrote:
> > The ACPI updates predating last weekend seem to have broken my fxp(4) card
> > (Intel PRO/100 S, Intel 82550 chip). Without disabling ACPI at the loader
> > prompt (set hint.acpi.0.disabled=1) I get the consecutive message of the
> > device timing out and network is unusable.
> >

> Mee too for my dual VIA VT6105 Rhine III 10/100BaseTX vr(4) interfaces.

I've also been having problems with sound.  I built a kernel without ACPI,
then loaded acpi as a module.  With acpi prior to last week, sound worked.
With recent acpi, sound works initially but then fails shortly after playing
(it's not predictable).  This is with the same very recent kernel, but
with different acpi modules.

Thinkpad R40, Intel ICH4 (82801DB).

--
Dan Eischen